How long do projects last?
Projects (web site operation) may continue as long as there are qualifying participants involved.
Participants must meet the following general qualifications:
- Demonstrate the ability to obtain server hosting for the domain.
- Provide opportunities for participation by other teens.
- Agree to turn over the entire web site to succeeding participants for continued operation should they decide not to continue participation.
- Agree to provide complete backup of the web site (zip file) at least once per month to ensure continuation of the web site by themselves or the next participating individual or group.
- At least one participant must be under age 20 at project start or if a group must include at least one person under the age of 20 at project start.
- Must not discriminate.
- Operate the web site as a nonprofit activity within the law.
- Must report donations and gifts in-kind to remain nonprofit.
- Maintain contact with GovTeen Network at least once per month.
How to apply
If you are interested in starting your own site, or having your site join our network, please contact us today!
The GovTeen Network reserves the right to request proof of age of participants.